This template is available to teams with a paid subscription.
Crazy 8's is a design sprint exercise, but it can be used at any time - to bring some creative energy into a workshop, or even just to use something different to sticky notes!
This exercise gets people to sketch 8 concepts in 8 minutes. Sounds tough but the key to this is simple sketches, anyone can do it!
How to runs a Crazy 8s exercise
- Introduce the exercise to the team and the topic you want them to draw concepts for. Stress that this is not a design skills competition, but will help get all their great ideas out into the world!
- Start the timer and get sketching!
- Call out each minute, so participants can stay on track to complete all eight sketches.
- Once time is up, depending on the exercise purpose, you may want each person to select their top 3 ideas/sketches and present them to the team.
Tips for Crazy 8s
- Use the marker pen to sketch
- If your group is not used to sketching, it may help to run a pre-workshop sketching lesson - show how to draw key shapes - e.g. boxes, arrows, smiley faces, triangles and circles.